Who am I really??

Lately I've been evaluating my life and where it is headed and who I really am. Over the years as I have had many relationships with many different people what I believe in and value has gotten somewhat distorted. Often times when we are in relationships a person's views and opinions get tainted or transformed by the views and opinions of others. Not saying that I am not me anymore,but I have learned that I find myself settling for things I vowed I would never settle for. So I am now trying to find ways to get back in tune with myself and am doing some new things to change my outlook on life. I have come across meditation and yoga to center myself and get in tune with my thoughts(one of the most powerful tools I have in determining my life.).

As a mother, a student, an employee, etc. it is hard to remember that I am a being of my own and I am "me" first. And if my "me" is not correct and on point, how can I make everything else in my life the way I want it.

My first step towards this new me is to start doing daily affirmations. I found a few to get me started on beliefnet.com.

Here are some of them:

-Have patience. I always find myself saying I can't do something because it will take too long. EXCUSE: It will take a long time. This article suggests I start saying "I have infinite patience when it comes to fulfilling my destiny."

-I am deserving. Although most people now that they are deserving of something a lot of people often forget that they actually do deserve good things. EXCUSE: I don't deserve it. "I am a Divine creation, a piece of God. Therefore, I cannot be undeserving." I love this a lot because how can I not be deserving of all things good when I am a work of art!!!

-I have the time I need. I am always saying there is not enough time in the day or I don't have time for this right now, when in reality I have just enough time to do what I need to do. EXCUSE: I'm busy. "As I unclutter my life, I free myself to answer the callings of my soul."

And this one was my favorite.
-I am courageous. I know that I am a strong individual but sometimes certain things/situations in life scare me. EXCUSE: I'm too scared. " I can accomplish anything I put my mind to, because I know that I am never alone."

I'm just in a "re-evaluation" kind of mood. This mood includes everything in my life right now. In a few short weeks I will be 27 and really need to start making a rock solid plan and goals for my life. My first goal of completing my Bachelor's degree is quickly approaching and I need to start organizing some kind of life plan for myself and also becoming a better person. Maybe this came about because I participated in a MS walk yesterday and just realize how grateful I am for simply being able to participate with my own two legs and feet.

Just wanted to share some things since I don't blog that often. Feel free to share some of your daily affirmations or go to phrases!! Make it a great one..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello peoples!!!