Hair update

Hey y'all!! I just wanted to do some writing so here goes. This post will be a hair update post regarding obviously hair...lol...So on April 27th marked my 11 month natural hair anniversary and also 21 months with no perm. I cannot tell you all what this journey has done for me and my hair. In the beginning of this journey, I was not too sure what I expected to get out of going natural. I knew that some of my reasons were I didn't want to put chemicals on my hair anymore, I wanted my hair to grow, I needed to do this to show to my daughter that her hair is perfect just the way it is. I have learned all these things and so much more. My hair has grown so much in these last few years than it ever did in my whole life. My self confidence and self esteem has gone through the roof. I didn't care about what people thought of me before, but now I REALLY don't care what people have to say about my hair, my clothes or anything cause I do everything I do for me and no one else( except my daughter and God).


So now onto some pictures.
This was in the beginning right after my BC. May 27,2010.Whoa I know right!?!?!


Here are some in between stages: Months 3-10

This was at 3 months

This was at 4 months front length check

4 month side view length check

This was 6 months front length check

6 month side length check

A braided style in the front, pinned up in the back at 6 months

10 month front view

10 month side view after a blow out

10 month blow-out/flat iron.


I just hoped that over this period of time I could be a great representative of being natural. There are so many bad things associated with going natural, but I believe that I have been proof that it can be done and with much more versatility than relaxed hair. I don't discriminate or hate on those that do relax, but the same results can be achieved with natural hair and no chemicals. My main goal on this journey was to get other people to see how natural hair can be a great look and thing if you try. I have encouraged two people thus far to go natural or at least try it. I think it is something that everyone should do at least once in your lifetime. Although I am no longer a fan of the "Creamy crack" I always tell people if you don't like it then you can always go back, but I do think that everyone should give it a try at least once to see what God gave them growing out of their head. I don't even remember this texture of my hair because relaxed is all I knew before.

So I hope that by these pictures and my journey I will inspire someone else to give it a try. So this is my hair update on to my life update...BE PREPARED...

Until next time, I'LL HOLLA!!!

~MAKE IT A GREAT ONE!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello peoples!!!

Who am I really??