I BELIEVE ITS THAT TIME YALL..my first hair post

I am currently into my 9th month of transitioning and it has been okay until recently. About 2 months or so ago, I was getting a little (no a lot) frustrated with the two kinds of textures, mainly where they meet and also my relaxed ends. I decided to get some senegalese/kinky twists(whatever you call them) that I did myself after tons of you tube watching and reading. I figured how hard could it be and also didnt want to spend 200 to pay someone else. They came out great and I even got compliments on where I got them done at... So I finally took them out earlier this week and the take down process was a breeze since I did them myself I moisturized my hair before I did each twists,and didnt braid them too tightly because I knew what my hair could handle.. Great idea and best way that my hair has grown yet. But on wash day, where my new growth meets my ends was a complete B***H (EXCUSE MY FRENCH) to deal with!!! I have always had thick hair even with relaxed hair, my hair would always be full and I would always get "do you have extra "pieces" in there???" (Uhhh no...LOL). But anyhoo my intentional goal was to transition for a year if not longer, but I think my time is up. I never wanted to set a date for my BC because I knew I would chicken out and I knew it would be more spontaneous than anything (thats how I am as a person) After taking down my hair I realized I had wayyyy more natural hair than I thought I would in this short amount of time (even though it seems like forever). My back is completely natural and most places I will only have to cut 3-5 inches(not even 5 in most areas, but some places yes). But I have alot of places that are all natural and are a breeze to deal with, so I am ready to fully embrace my hair. My birthday was also May 9th( yes Mother's Day) and I think I am in need of a change. Not just physical, but this whole journey has been about me being the best natural me I can be and I am ready to also fully embrace my journey of change. Change is good and sometimes its necessary to life. I know that my hair will continue to grow, longer, stronger and healthier as well as me as a female and human being.

So I figure if Im gonna do it in another 3 months, why wait any longer and risk getting extremely frustrated and not loving my hair because of the ends Im trying to get rid of anyway????? I have never had hair past right below my ears and my hair is longer, fuller, and healthier than it has ever been now. So ladies I am planning my BC for this weekend, notice I didnt say a day cause Im sure its gonna be spontaneous..



Any suggestions for how it (BC) should be done? My main concernis that since the natural hair allover my head is all different lengths, when I cut off my relaxed ends will it look crazy being that it will not be an even look? Also I dont want to cut off any of my curls and am planning on cutting a little below the demarcation line to make sure?? Any at home BC-ers advice is welcome!!!


Cannot wait to be fully natural!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello peoples!!!

Who am I really??